Senior Reporting Analyst
Descrição da empresa
Farfetch is an innovative e-commerce company that brings the world's best fashion boutiques to an international audience. Launched in October 2008, Farfetch is rapidly growing into a truly global company. Our family now includes more than 1000 talented people and 400 independent boutiques across Europe, North and South America, Asia, and offices in London, New York, LA, Porto, Guimarães, São Paulo, Tokyo, Shanghai, Moscow and Hong Kong.
Descrição do cargo
We are looking for someone to join our Product analytics team as Farfetch has made significant investment in a new BI tool called Looker, and Product is the first team to implement it over our on-site data (visits, pages seen & actions taken in the website and app). This is built on Google’s BigQuery technology, which enables fast, easy and scalable access to our big, but powerful data - and we’re receiving awesome feedback from our business users.
We’ve already built the initial data model, phase 1 dashboards and rolled out to c. 80 business users - and we’ve now got a list of further data model and dashboard developments to provide end-to-end understanding of customer behaviour across devices. These roles are responsible for delivering these data model and dashboard developments.
These are exciting and impactful roles, helping us take Looker over the finish line in the Product org, and setting the course for Farfetch as a whole, enabling our high growth plans. They are part of the Analytics team - who are not just amazing people to work with, but are already Looker developers and are partnered with the various clusters across Product. This means you’ll have lots of help and support - both technically and with clear prioritisation, in a fun working environment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop and own the Product data model & definitions to meet business requirements, in alignment with Analytics (c. 40%). Specific examples include;
- rolling up in-visit actions to visit level
- joining to other existing data models such as item level conversion, post purchase data and customer segments
- adding new dimensions & measures to our data model, to meet business requirements and make dashboards & self-service easy
- Develop and own our published dashboards, ensuring business users can easily self serve and then drill down from a single version of the truth (c. 40%). Examples include;
- Add YoY, MoM and MTD measures where required
- Install custom visualizations packages
- Based on requirements drafted by business users & analytics, create dashboards for key business areas to monitor their performance and understand user behaviour, such as personalisation, inspiration and app
- Develop dashboard templates with standard approach to filters, colour palettes etc
- Develop visualisations as Looker improve their product
- Provide 1st line support to the Product org if something is broken (c. 10%). This is not the top priority for the role, and the Analytics team can help triage, but it is useful for these to be managed centrally, and to identify any underlying themes that can be solved by training or development
- Run fortnightly best practice sessions with super users to drive actionable insight, and proactively identify tips and best practice we can share (c.10%).
WHO YOU ARE
- A professional with a minimum of 4 years of experience developing data models and dashboards in a number of BI tools eg: Tableau, Qlikview, Business Objects, PowerBI, Excel etc. Experience of Looker would be an advantage but is not necessary
- A graduate of a Bachelor of Science program or a higher level post-secondary educational program in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Operation Research, or quantitative disciplines (desired);
- Highly skilled in SQL;
- Great knowledge and experience of dimensional modeling in relational/columnar databases, but expertise in NoSQL modeling is a big plus
- Very skilled in English, both written and spoken;
- Delivers on-time and accurately, with good planning and organisational skills
- An analytical mindset with strong logic - identifying similar needs, holistic and automated solutions & champions best practice
- Able to break work down to deliver in an agile fashion towards these holistic solutions, delivering value and iterating quickly
- Clearly communicates priorities, trade offs, dependencies and timescales to stakeholders
- Desire to understand business user needs and ensure solutions fit these needs