Senior Product Designer - Platform
Descrição da empresa
Farfetch is an innovative e-commerce company that brings the world's best fashion boutiques to an international audience. Launched in October 2008, Farfetch is rapidly growing into a truly global company. Our family now includes more than 1000 talented people and 400 independent boutiques across Europe, North and South America, Asia, and offices in London, New York, LA, Porto, Guimarães, São Paulo, Tokyo, Shanghai, Moscow and Hong Kong.
Descrição do cargo
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to have a unique opportunity to join a global product design team who is disrupting the luxury fashion industry, defining what luxury means for digital.
You will design the internal tools that solve the unique business needs of the Black & White unit.
We expect you are able to handle great amounts of complexity, articulate abstract solutions and solve the immediate problem balancing the systematic needs of the larger platform ecosystem.
This can range from tools used to manage multiple e-commerce platforms, to extending frameworks that accelerate the building of new solutions, to supporting and challenging processes that evolve the way we deal with our client partners.
Each of our designers is expected to own their work – to put forward how they intend to discover, explore, test and adapt. Senior roles are expected to accomplish this while educating and advancing design sensibilities along the way.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will produce intuitive, innovative and delightful user experiences for a range of platform products
- You will work collaboratively within an Agile process with; other product designers, user researchers, product owners, and developers
- You will create solutions that incorporate all of the elements of a great experience while working within the established patterns of our ever-evolving design system
- You will deﬁne and communicate the UX direction using appropriate tools and deliverables to describe intent
- You will champion user experience and advocate the best design for our end users
- You will bring inspiring ideas and motivation to an energetic and collaborative team
- Be fully accountable for projects assigned to you, and expected to move the needle forward in Design for the rest of the organization
WHO YOU ARE
- You have previous experience in the end-to-end design process and are keen to prove your point in an evidence-based approach where learning shapes the design along the way (5+ years’ experience as a digital product designer)
- You have formal design training and take pride in creating, evolving and protecting the interactions and patterns that allow us to scale our platform
- Team player who recognises that your efforts are one significant part of a much bigger picture. You’re able to work productively with a multi-disciplined team of developers, researchers, other designers, and product owners
- Experienced working on back-office products e.g. an intranet
- Experienced working in fashion, e-commerce and/or a digital creative agency
- Excellent communicator (both verbally and written), especially able to articulate complex and nuanced technical scenarios in English
- Able to travel to other Farfetch offices when required, namely Porto and London
- BA/BSc/MA in HCI, Information Systems, Computer Science or Design Discipline
- Proficient in the rapid prototyping using tools like Framer, Principle or Flinto
- Additionally, you may have:
- Experience gleaning insights from data and or working with Data Scientists
- Experience in conducting or participating in User Testing and/or working with User Research teams