Principal Product Designer
Descrição da empresa
Farfetch is an innovative e-commerce company that brings the world's best fashion boutiques to an international audience. Launched in October 2008, Farfetch is rapidly growing into a truly global company. Our family now includes more than 1000 talented people and 400 independent boutiques across Europe, North and South America, Asia, and offices in London, New York, LA, Porto, Guimarães, São Paulo, Tokyo, Shanghai, Moscow and Hong Kong.
Descrição do cargo
We are looking for Principal Product Designer to join a global product design team who is disrupting the luxury fashion industry, defining what luxury means for digital.
This role is for an experienced design-leader who is confident using evidence and knowledge of user behaviour and needs to define product and experience strategy for broad areas of Farfetch’s customer experience. Principal roles cover entire channels such as web or native apps, or broad/complex stages in the customer journey.
You are a partner to your area’s leadership team (product management, engineering, and design) ensuring that the delivery teams within the area are clear about their objectives and missions, and that they have the clarity of purpose to move quickly and autonomously to meet strategic goals.
This role is responsible for the quality and coherency of the overall experience within the area, as such you are expected to ensure that the teams are working within our design standards, as well as contributing to and drawing from our design system. You will also be expected to support the design systems team by ensuring our system meets the needs of the contributing teams in your area.
This role needs a designer who is able to work collaboratively across teams, providing the connective tissue which enables autonomous teams to work confidently and safely. You’ll specialise in web or mobile but have deep working experience of both, with a portfolio of examples which demonstrate your experience with end-to-end product design. If you’re able to demonstrate experience of working with large systems or platforms, particularly with a service design approach we are particularly keen to work with you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You’ll be the principal designer for one of Farfetch’s largest experience areas or along a channel, working alongside the product management and engineering leadership for that area.
- You’ll work with area/channel leadership to set and define the strategy for that area/channel based on the learning and explanations created by the mission teams.
- You will help execute against channel strategies by collaborating with to contextualise the strategy into actions
- You will work with teams to understand and roadmap their learning and research agenda for the period ahead. Liaising with research teams and planning for the period ahead.
- You will be responsible for the quality and coherency of your area’s execution across the channels and touchpoints they deliver to.
- You will be responsible for shaping the experience strategy for the area and channels you work within, and ensuring that this strategy is understood and shared by all the teams required for its success
- You will ensure that local knowledge and improvements are considered and evaluated in terms of their contribution to wider global design systems and our organisation knowledge
- You will work with the Head of Design and the Head of Creative to ensure that our design system is usable, performant and brings our brand to life.
- You’ll collaborate with the other area leads and principals within Farfetch, making sure that the customer journeys across and along channels are effective at meeting customer needs.
- You will lead by example, willing to dive into teams to support and help them where needed. You understand when to be hands-on, and when you need to mentor. You will work with the practice leadership team to identify and encourage good and emergent practice and collaborate in sharing and teaching it.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have extensive experience working within product teams, either as a designer or a product owner.
- You have extensive experience working in large platform or ecommerce businesses as design leader
- You have considerable experience working with agile delivery teams, ideally having been part of a transformation team
- You have the ability to demonstrate the process and outcome of the evidence-based approach that you’ve employed on previous projects
- You are regarded as an expert in designing products for web or native platforms.
- You have excellent collaboration skills, as well as being able to constructively direct action within teams.
- We don’t expect a formal degree, but your depth and domain of knowledge is equivalent to that of a BA/BSc/MA in HCI, Information Systems, Computer Science, Graphic Design or similar.
- You have extensive knowledge of developing and working with full-stack design systems.
- You have experience working on high traffic consumer products a plus
- You will have excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.<br />
- You are able and willing to travel to other Farfetch offices when required
- You understand how to select and develop appropriate methods for prototyping and when to apply them as tools to remove risk.