Descrição da empresa
Farfetch is an innovative e-commerce company that brings the world's best fashion boutiques to an international audience. Launched in October 2008, Farfetch is rapidly growing into a truly global company. Our family now includes more than 1000 talented people and 400 independent boutiques across Europe, North and South America, Asia, and offices in London, New York, LA, Porto, Guimarães, São Paulo, Tokyo, Shanghai, Moscow and Hong Kong.
Descrição do cargo
We're a truly global team with a presence in all of our locations around the world. Our biggest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team in Porto focuses on financial reporting and operations, while the Group Finance team in London is made up of Tax, Legal, Treasury and Commercial Finance.
All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us telling our story with data. All our teams work closely together to provide a support network for the business, ensuring the long-term success of Farfetch!
FARFETCH’s tax team has global reach to all the Group tax affairs' and is growing on a fast pace.
The team – divided between Porto and London – with both English and Portuguese specialists aims to provide top class in-house consultancy services and maximize the relevance of tax function within FARFETCH.
The newly created role will give you a unique view on FARFETCH’s indirect tax affairs, as you will be part of indirect tax subgroup team and therefore responsible to handle indirect tax compliance matters, provide technical support in compliance procedures and improvements to our internal teams, and deal with external consultants.
You will also analyse indirect tax compliance information to assist in the development of recommendations and implementation plans related to Group compliance rules and new procedures.
As you will be joining a multidisciplinary tax team, on-the-job training, mentorship, learning and exposure to stakeholders are all on offer.
What you’ll do:
- Review indirect tax returns prepared by our consultants for accuracy and issues;
- Ensure all indirect tax returns, payments, reconciliations, assessments, notices and audits are concluded on time;
- Provide day-to-day support to FARFETCH on indirect tax compliance issues and questions;
- Audit transactions and correspondent compliance procedures within the Group to provide indirect tax assurance and / or offer solutions, and improvements proposals;
- Identify opportunities for effective and efficient indirect tax compliance processes;
- Research and analyse indirect tax compliance issues related to FARFETCH’s activity;
- Monitor possible issues and opportunities that are relevant for FARFETCH;
- Maintain good working knowledge of indirect tax compliance legislation and procedures.
Who you are:
- Degreed in Economics, Management, Accounting or similar subject;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
- Experienced in Indirect Tax Compliance affairs with minimum of 2-3 years of experience;
- An excellent team working player, with ability to interact with different departments;
- Analytical and have quantitative problem-solving skills;
- Results driven and able to deal with stress;
- Dynamic and pro-active with high sense of responsibility and autonomy;
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office, mainly Excel;
- Committed to develop your talents and knowledge into new areas, as well as to think creatively.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.