Public Relations Specialist
Descrição da empresa
Farfetch is an innovative e-commerce company that brings the world's best fashion boutiques to an international audience. Launched in October 2008, Farfetch is rapidly growing into a truly global company. Our family now includes more than 1000 talented people and 400 independent boutiques across Europe, North and South America, Asia, and offices in London, New York, LA, Porto, Guimarães, São Paulo, Tokyo, Shanghai, Moscow and Hong Kong.
Descrição do cargo
Who we are
Farfetch is unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology.
Our mission: to revolutionize the way the world shops.
To do it, we need innovators. People who challenge convention and dare to dream.
We’ve gone from a start-up to a billion dollar business. But we’re not done yet. Far from it.
Together, we can be extraordinary.
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
We are a progressive and innovative global team, comprised of specialists in Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Compensation & Benefits, HR Systems & People Analytics and Communications & Employer Brand. Our work is as exciting and challenging, as we are building a world-class team that is reinventing and entire industry.
From hiring stars for our fast-growing business, to providing our innovators with the opportunity to learn and develop their talents – we’re busy creating a ‘Happy People Revolution’ and a company that people dream of working for.
In your role as Public Relations Specialist, you will implement the external communication plan and develop your expertise in communication with the press and media (offline and online). You will actively secure relevant media opportunities while fostering goodwill and a good relation with journalists and publications. Your work will contribute to position Farfetch as the leading platform for the luxury industry and a great place to work, fostering business strategy and employer branding.
What you will do:
- Support and execute the external communication strategy, namely the communication with press;
- Align with a global comms team for local execution of the communication calendar;
- Create content for external communication initiatives – e.g. drafting and editing copy for press releases, websites content, others;
- Secure media advisory for our spokespersons;
- Communicate and build relationships with journalists to foster the accurate approach for our communication initiatives;
- Monitor media coverage – building communication reports;
- Build and maintain media lists, and database.
Who you are:
- Experienced in working with public relations and directly with journalists;
- Excellent communicator, verbal and written, with strong attention to detail;
- Strongly organized and able to handle multiple tasks and projects, and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Able to work under pressure and prioritize in a fast-paced environment;
- Skilled at managing relationships with experience of dealing with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Great team player with an holistic view of communication;
- Fluent in English (outstanding skills in both verbal and written).
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.