Project Lead - Product Design Back Office
Descrição da empresa
Farfetch is an innovative e-commerce company that brings the world's best fashion boutiques to an international audience. Launched in October 2008, Farfetch is rapidly growing into a truly global company. Our family now includes more than 1000 talented people and 400 independent boutiques across Europe, North and South America, Asia, and offices in London, New York, LA, Porto, Guimarães, São Paulo, Tokyo, Shanghai, Moscow and Hong Kong.
Descrição do cargo
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
We're responsible for creating meaningful, engaging, beautiful experiences that create emotional connections with our customers. We work hard to understand user needs, champion them and protect them throughout the product design process. We have two teams - one in London and one in Porto - and work in clusters across our suite of products including web, mobile and instore.
We’re ambassadors for the business, pushing the boundaries of what's technologically possible, and creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch. We like to apply a bit of revolutionary thinking to everything we do.
You’ll work on some of the most challenging and strategically significant projects – shaping the vision of your product area and potentially projects in the wider platform that require your talent. You’ll perform the role of a product area expert – responsible for understanding the depths of that area, lifting the standard of work and passing that knowledge on to others.
You have impressive hands-on experience in shaping the overall approach for large, end-to-end projects for complex digital product solutions. Ensuring that your work is impactful is essential to you and as such you employ a lean, lightweight and evidence-based approach.
You’re a team player who recognises that your efforts are one significant part of a much bigger picture. You’re used to working closely with a multi-disciplined team of developers, researchers, other designers and product owners to problem solve and learn fast.
What You’ll do:
- Lead hands-on designer for a product area on the Back Office & Platforms Design Team
- Sync and collaborate with the wider BO UX team to align our back office products
- Lead by example – collaborate with and mentor more junior designers
- Work collaboratively within an agile process with; other UX designers, digital designers, product owners, project managers, UI and back end developers
- Deﬁne and communicate the UX direction using appropriate tools and deliverables to describe intent
- Champion user experience and advocate the best design for our end users
- Bring inspiring ideas and motivation to an energetic and collaborative team
- Step up and represent the design team internally and externally sharing what we’re capable of and the impact we have
Who You Are:
- Degree in Information Systems or related field;
- 5 Years of working experience with at least 3 years’ experience in Project Management
- Previous experiences as Project Manager in project implementations, mainly in corporate information systems (ERP, CRM, HCM, Collaborative Tools, etc…)
- Ability to manage multiple projects/deadlines, identifying the necessary steps and moving forward through completion
- Ability to easily build relationships with business areas, and inside business areas at different levels of structure;
- Excellent communication skills, both in Portuguese and English, with the capability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Able to manage multiple tasks/priorities simultaneously, respond to work with urgency and understand deadlines
- Good attention to detail, an ability to assimilate, sort through and aggregate complex information quickly and effectively
- Past experience in Consulting/SI organization is a Plus
- Experience working in large scale organizations on a multi-national level with a multi-cultural team is a Plus
- Knowledge of the Scrum methodology is a Plus.
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships