Product Designer – Consumer
Descrição da empresa
Farfetch is an innovative e-commerce company that brings the world's best fashion boutiques to an international audience. Launched in October 2008, Farfetch is rapidly growing into a truly global company. Our family now includes more than 1000 talented people and 400 independent boutiques across Europe, North and South America, Asia, and offices in London, New York, LA, Porto, Guimarães, São Paulo, Tokyo, Shanghai, Moscow and Hong Kong.
Descrição do cargo
We are responsible for creating meaningful, engaging, beautiful experiences that create emotional connections with our customers. We work hard to understand user needs, champion them and protect them throughout the product design process. We have two teams - one in London and one in Porto and work in clusters across our suite of products including web, mobile and instore.
We’re ambassadors for the business, pushing the boundaries of what's technologically possible, and creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch. We like to apply a bit of revolutionary thinking to everything we do.
We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic Product Designer to help support and execute excellent design for our consumer products. You will be a seasoned practitioner who loves detail and working collaboratively with your team across Product Design and Development.
You will be tirelessly passionate about UX and product design and champion this across the business.
What You’ll do:
- Pro-actively push the level of quality in conceptual thinking and execution of product design.
- Sync and collaborate with the wider design team to improve the product.
- Work collaboratively within an Agile process with; other designers, product owners, marketing, UI and back end developers to improve deliverables and workflow.
- Create solutions that incorporate all of the elements of a great experience while being within existing pattern library to meet brand objectives.
- Work collaboratively within an Agile process with; other designers, product owners, marketing, UI and back end developers.
- Bring inspiring ideas and motivation to an energetic and collaborative team.
Who You Are:
- Experience and knowledge of best practice for responsive web and native app design.
Ability to work under pressure and prioritise in a fast-paced environment.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC/Sketch or relevant design software.
- Proficient in rapid prototyping.
Experience of working within an agile development environment.
- Knowledge of various design methodologies and processes.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able and willing to travel to other Farfetch offices when required
- Be curious about how things work and have a passion for emerging technologies and all things interactive.
- Ideally have experience working with multi-variant testing
- Strong English level is mandatory.
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Please kindly note that all applications submitted must have an English CV and English portfolio.