People Excellence Director
Descrição da empresa
Farfetch is an innovative e-commerce company that brings the world's best fashion boutiques to an international audience. Launched in October 2008, Farfetch is rapidly growing into a truly global company. Our family now includes more than 1000 talented people and 400 independent boutiques across Europe, North and South America, Asia, and offices in London, New York, LA, Porto, Guimarães, São Paulo, Tokyo, Shanghai, Moscow and Hong Kong.
Descrição do cargo
Who we are
Farfetch is unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology.
Our mission: to revolutionize the way the world shops.
To do it, we need innovators. People who challenge convention and dare to dream.
We’ve gone from a start-up to a billion dollar business. But we’re not done yet. Far from it.
Together, we can be extraordinary
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
We're a progressive and innovative team, comprising specialists in Recruitment, Learning & Development, Payroll, Compensation & Benefits, HR Systems and Internal Communications. Our work is as exciting as it is varied, as we shape the future for Farfetchers across the globe in creative and inspiring ways. From hiring stars for our fast-growing business, to providing our 1,300 innovators with the opportunity to learn and develop their talents. We are busy creating a ‘Happy People Revolution’ and a company that people dream of working for.
We are revolutionizing the People Team Department (aka HR), adding value to the business and bringing people and data to the centre of our discussions and decisions.
As a People Excellence Director, you will play an important role in how we scale up a world‑wide class company, enabling our team to take action-oriented and insightful decisions.
The successful candidate should be passionate about problem solving, advanced analytics, and project management. On top of it, should be able to deliver incremental and disruptive change while looking to improve solutions across people, processes, systems and technology.
The focus of the People Excellence Team is to lead key activities and manage organizational-level change, developing a continuous improvement culture, aligning culture, people, processes, systems and results. Reporting to the Talent and People Director (Human Resources Director) you will be responsible for leading, developing and managing the People Excellence Team while identifying opportunities and leading strategic projects related with people.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the Portugal People Team Director and Senior Leadership Team to identify growth or improvement opportunities and build a roadmap that is strategically aligned with the People and Business priorities and strategy;
- Own and manage the execution of specific cross-team strategic initiatives or projects and make sure we achieve the timelines;
- Actively pursue opportunities to promote the reduction of process variation and the elimination/reduction of waste while focusing on quality and efficiency;
- Lead, engage and develop our Planning, People Data Analytics, People Innovation and Advanced Analytics team.
- Support, align and control the PT People Team budget;
- Trigger and be part of exciting high impact strategic projects for Farfetch People Team having the "think big" mind-set;
- Ensure we build capabilities that drive the success of our initiatives via advanced analytics, problem-solving capabilities, and project management skills;
- Connect to and influence very diverse stakeholders;
- Ingest and analyse vast amounts of data and present key findings in order to support the implementation of strategic projects for the business;
- Ensure proactive and transparent communication throughout People Team;
- Support decisions across the whole employee lifecycle based on advanced analytics;
- Lead and facilitate Continuous Improvement events and efforts involving all People Team areas;
- Work on the standardization of Processes across the teams;
- Ensure that the team sets goals and delivers upon each commitment;
- Grow the Continuous Improvement culture across the People Team;
- Manage the People Team project's portfolio.
Who you are:
- A professional with a proven track record in setting-up strategic plans and consulting experience;
- Experienced and passionate for Strategy, People, and Technology;
- Experienced in building and developing high performance teams;
- Skilled in problem-solving, analytics, and project management;
- An individual with good interpersonal skills;
- Comfortable in making decisions with uncertainty in a fast-moving environment;
- Advanced in English, both written and spoken;
- Ideally experienced in a leading strategy or management consulting firm;
- Experienced in managing teams;
- A professional with knowledge on Continuous Improvement / Lean Methodologies;
- A professional with good Project Management skills;
- A professional with excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent team-player, with great influence skills;
- A professional with a strong analytical mind-set and creative problem-solving ability;
- Proactive, results driven and with decision-making capabilities;
- A professional with an overall great commercial awareness, seeing opportunities at tactical level;
- A professional with a Degree/Master Degree in Industrial Engineering, Math’s or related (preferably).
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.