Frontend Engineer – Black & White
Descrição da empresa
Farfetch is an innovative e-commerce company that brings the world's best fashion boutiques to an international audience. Launched in October 2008, Farfetch is rapidly growing into a truly global company. Our family now includes more than 1000 talented people and 400 independent boutiques across Europe, North and South America, Asia, and offices in London, New York, LA, Porto, Guimarães, São Paulo, Tokyo, Shanghai, Moscow and Hong Kong.
Descrição do cargo
Who we are:
Farfetch is unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology.
Our mission: to revolutionize the way the world shops.
To do it, we need innovators. People who challenge convention and dare to dream.
We’ve gone from a start-up to a billion-dollar business. But we’re not done yet. Far from it.
Together, we can be extraordinary
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
In Black & White we provide brands with a platform that explores the potential of the web in order to reach a broader audience and establish their online presence.
We are a passionate team of highly motivated developers that are constantly looking for ways to make each web experience interesting and unique. We focus on providing products that will make a difference in a constantly growing market. We love to learn and share knowledge with each other, growing as a team and succeeding as a team.
As a Frontend Engineer on the B&W Team, you will be working in a very friendly and relaxed environment and be part of a well-motivated, talented and growing team. If you love to learn, if you are willing to share knowledge and would love to be part of the building process, using the latest technology stack and having fun doing it, this is an opportunity you can’t miss.
What you'll do:
- Explore a React / Redux stack with advanced component libraries;
- Use CSS modules while exploring new styling techniques;
- Ensure components and applications are accessible and ADA compliant;
- Build properly tested components and applications;
- Create unique UI experiences;
- Think creatively to solve engineering problems.
Who you are:
- Expert HTML/CSS knowledge;
- Passionate about clean, tested and well-documented code;
- Focus on the semantic, performant and accessible code;
- Deep awareness of browser quirks and compatibility issues;
- A good communicator and team player;
- Eager to share knowledge and learn every day.
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long-term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.