Assistant Designer / Studio Assistant
Descrição da empresa
Founded by designers Reid Baker and Ines Amorim, Ernest W. Baker is a young menswear label having just released its third collection to date. After the release of the labels AW18 collection they were selected to participate in the 2018 edition LVMH prize. The label is stocked in some of the top retailers worldwide, including Antonioli, Opening Ceremony, Galery Lafayette and United Arrows.
Descrição do cargo
We are offering an Assistant Designer / Studio Assistant internship opportunity for a hard working and positive individual who is passionate about the fashion industry and has a relevant understanding of the brand Ernest W. Baker. This internship is an opportunity to experience and be a part of all aspects in the collection development process and an opportunity to potentially be hired to join the team as a full time employee.
Main Roles Include:
- Assisting with day-to-day studio operations.
- Supporting Creative Directors in Autumn/Winter 20 collection development and Spring/Summer 19 production.
- Creation of detailed technical designs to send to factories.
- In-depth / original collection research and preparing of mood boards based upon gathered research.
- Working with Adobe software such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Assist during studio fittings.
- Pattern and Sample cutting.
- Assist during photo shootings.
- Availability to travel both to Milan and Paris for mens fashion week in January 2019.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Knowledge of Pattern Cutting.
- Understanding of Garment Construction.
- Hand Drawing skills preferred.
- Working knowledge of Excel.
- Alteration / Sewing / Sampling skills.
- Punctual, organized, self motivated and disciplined.
- Ability to multitask.
- Excellent eye for detail.
- Full time position beginning in September, Monday to Friday 9:30 am to 6:30 pm (able to stay later when required if busy). The position is for a minimum of 6 months with a 2 week trial period.
- Please apply with your CV, Cover Letter and a Portfolio of your creative works.