Descrição da empresa
Farfetch is an innovative e-commerce company that brings the world's best fashion boutiques to an international audience. Launched in October 2008, Farfetch is rapidly growing into a truly global company. Our family now includes more than 1000 talented people and 400 independent boutiques across Europe, North and South America, Asia, and offices in London, New York, LA, Porto, Guimarães, São Paulo, Tokyo, Shanghai, Moscow and Hong Kong.
Descrição do cargo
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 2,200 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
We're at the business end of one of the fastest growing companies in the world.
Our global Finance function is predominantly based in both Porto and London with a presence in all of our global regions. We have a team of over 50 people in our Portugal office, who focus mainly on financial reporting and operations with our commercial presence growing also. In the UK our Group Finance is made up of Tax, Legal, Treasury and Commercial Finance/ business partnering.
All of the teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, involvement in strategic projects and telling our story with data! All Finance sub-teams work closely together to provide an excellent all round support network for the business, ensuring the long-term success of Farfetch!
Reporting to the Accounting coordinator, you will drive the required process and policy modifications that are necessary for prompt, worldwide and smooth execution on the standards. You will have an important role for the accountancy of our company, working together with the whole team to achieve the goals for the monthly closing.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information;
- Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by checking, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies;
- Summarize financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other reports;
- Deal with the preparation and completion of quarterly VAT returns;
- Avoid legal challenges by complying with legal requirements;
- Participate in meetings and guarantee appropriate progress;
- Implement new accounting policies and procedures for the group including international areas ;
- Offer support to the colleagues in specific accounting operations;
- Guarantee that controls are carried out , recorded and functioning efficiently and promptly;
- Organize audits with the external auditors.
Who you are:
- A professional with a bachelor or master degree in accounting with CPA (mandatory);
- A professional with at least 3 years of functional experience in areas of accounting;
- A professional with knowledge in IFRS;
- Driven for results, including proactive problem resolution skills in delivering stringent deadlines;
- Proficient in conveying information efficiently and across departments;
- A professional with an outstanding writing aptitude and capability to organize presentations and papers;
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken (mandatory);
- An excellent team player with an ability to interact with different departments;
- A professional with considerable knowledge in Excel and basic computer systems, Microsoft AX will be a plus ;
- A professional with demonstrated ability to perform accurate numeric calculations;
- An excellent communicator;
- Dynamic, with high sense of responsibility and autonomy.
We can’t wait to receive your application. However before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.